The location of this trek, as obvious, is Kashmir, also known as the paradise of the earth. The trek duration calculates around 7-9 days and this trek is often graded as moderate in regards to the trekking challenges. The elevation circles around 13000 feet and the distance paths approximately 63 kms. On such a fulfilling trek you will learn so much learn about yourself- in a trifecta – physically, mentally and emotionally. For a trekker, nothing can replace and prepare him for those paramount and conflicting emotions that whether his body will take so much of strain and whether he will make it or not. But the joy on reaching the destination is obvious. This trek will always be happy and a cherishing trek for the trekkers that comes in handy with a few preparations.
A surreal destination, there are many natural gems tucked away here. One of them is Srinagar, the summer capital of the state known for its refreshing gardens, lakes and houseboats. Another sought-after place here is Sonamarg. Meaning the meadow of gold this is where frosty mountains cast against the clear deep blue sky make for a postcard image.Pristine and untouched, the lakes over here be it Dal Lake, Vishansar Lake or Gangabal Twin lakes are surreal and a rare sight.
|Booking Date||14th – 21st July|
Day 1 :- Arrive at Sonamarg
- Altitude: 7800 ft
- 90 kms drive from Shrinagar, approx 3 hours.
- If booked in advance, TTH can arrange pick up from TRC at 3pm
- Our campsite is near the Sindh river (Shitkadi Village).
- Since there are no shops around ensure that you have all that you need already.
- Remember to carry your ID proof in original and 2 photo copies as we have to submit them at the army check post.
Day 2:- Sonamarg to Nichnai via Shekdur.
- Altitude: 7,800 ft to 11,500 ft
- 11 kms trek, approx 8 hours
- After the breakfast we trek to Nichnai via Shekdur.
- The trail takes you through meadows, dense forests with Maple, Pine and Bhoj trees.
- After approx half an hour, we get an army check post where we have to submit our ID proofs.
- While you are at it, you can enjoy an awesome view of the Sonmarg Valley or the Thajiwas Glacier.
- The trek from Shitkadi to Shekdur is goes through thick forests of pine trees and will take approx 2 and half hours.
- At Shekdur, you can indulge in instant noodles and an omelette if you wish to.
- We follow the Nichnai Stream as we trek from Shekdur to Nichnai.
- We have lunch at the Nichnai stream, after Shekdur.
Day 3 :- Nichnai to Vishansar lake via Nachnai Pass
- Altitude: 11,500 ft to 12,000 ft via 13100 ft
- 12 kms trek, approx 7 hours
- Trek from Nichnai to Nichnai Pass is of approx 1 and half hours ascent.
- At the top of Nichnai Pass you can get B.S.N.L network, which is the last point under mobile coverage area.
- From Nichnai pass to Vishansar there is a descent.
- At Vishansar campsite, lunch will be offered.
- We can visit the Vishansar Lake which is just 15 minutes walk from the campsite
- The first lake of the trek and one of the most beautiful ones.
- If the trek is in July, the lake will be frozen. Otherwise, we can do fishing at the lake with permission from Srinagar Fishing Department.
- Vishansar is visited by hoards of sheep and their shepherds are known for interesting stories.
- The campsite is a unique place with an open ground and you can play volleyball, cricket etc.
- Beware of dogs at campsite
Day 4:- Acclimatization + Rest Day. (Condition Apply)
- You may visit Kishansar lake, which is at approx 1 and half kms from our camp site.
- If the weather is not good we will use acclimatization day at vishansar or else move towards next camp site, rest day can be use at Gangbal camp site.
Day 5:- Vishansar lake to Gadsar via Gadsar Pass
- Altitude: (12,000ft) to (12,000ft) via (13,750ft)
- 14 kms trek, approx 10 hours
- We start the trek earlier than usual.
- The trail passes from Vishansar to Gadsar, via Gadsar pass the highest point of the trek.
- From Vishansar, the trail takes a steep ascent till Gadsar Pass.
- We can see the Kishansar Lake on the way.
- From the Gadsar pass till the camp site, we descend gradually.
- We can spot the Gadsar lake en route.
- You might also spot the Glacier of Gadsar Lake.
- After the Gadsar lake, we will reach the campsite in 2 hours.
- Just a few minutes before our campsite, we will have another army checkpoint and we will have to share our ID proofs with them.
- Pack lunch will be provided
Day 6 :- Gadsar to Satsar
- Altitude: 12,000 ft to 12,000 ft
- 9 kms trek, approx 6 hours trek
- Mid July to mid August, the trail is laden in vibrant flowers.
- We need to share our IDs at another army check post en route. .
- Moving on, we see two small lakes which are often mistaken as Satsar Lakes.
- We will visit the Satsar twin lakes, in the afternoon, which are approx 1.3 h
- Stasar twin lakes are also known as mengen top.
- Those twin lakes are between the middle of the mountain.
Day 7 :- Satsar to Gangabal twin lakes via Zaj Pass
- Altitude: 12,000 ft to 11,500 ft 13000
- 11 kms trek, approx 6 hours
- We walk on rocky paths for approx an hour and ascend till Jazz Pass.
- At the pass, you can enjoy views of the 4 lakes, Mt. Harmukh and its glacier.
- From the pass we descend till the Gangbal lake and camp at Nandkol lake.
- We visit the Gangbal Lake, which is one of the largest lakes in the trek.
- Post dinner, a team of Kashmiri staff will perform their traditional songs and dance.
Day 8 :- Gangabal to Naranag Drive to Srinagar
- Altitude: 11,500 ft to 7,450 ft
- 15 kms trek, approx 7 hours
- The trail is a descent till the last point of the trek – Naranag, so take care of your knees and ankles.
- The trail will pass through pine tree forests.
- On advance booking, TTH can arrange transport to Srinagar at a charge.
- After the 70 kms drive, you will reach Srinagar by 6:30 pm.
1. Accommodation. (Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg & Egg)
3. Trek equipments like Sleeping bag, mattress, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent
4. Trekking Permits
5. First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
1. Transport from Srinagar to Sonmarg and Narnag to Srinagar
2. Hotel Stay in Srinagar.
3. Food during the transit.
5. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
6. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
Transportation: The cost of transport from Srinagar to Sonmarg and return from Narnag to Srinagar is part of the package. Himalayan Drifters has arrangements with local transporters to pick up trekkers from Srinagar. The vehicles will leave Srinagar at 3.00 pm and reach Sonamarg by 6.00 pm.