With every hour Rupin Pass trek surprises you the orchestra of scenic surprises. Throughout your trek blue waters wouldn’t leave your trail. This pass involves crossing snowy terrain and the beauty of it is really breathtaking. Glacial meadows, terrific forests , numerous waterfalls and hanging village, Rupin pass has it all. Situated in Himachal Pradesh, this trek promises you height of 15,272ft.
Our representative will meet you at Shimla Bus stand. This is going to be an early start at 7:30am.
|Booking Date||27th May to 3rd June|
DAY 1 – DRIVE FROM SHIMLA TO CHIRGAON(GUMMA)
- Drive till Chirgaon(Gumma) which is the base-camp of this trek.
- It covers the major tourist spots like Green Valley in Shimla, Kufri, Fagu and Khadapathar.
- Shimla to Chirgaon is 6 hrs drive.
- Overnight stay at the campsite.
DAY 2 – GUMMA TO JAKHA (VIA CHANSHAL PASS)
- Today you will be doing a little hiking after a drive .
- We are covering today very famous Chanshal pass, we will halt there for lunch and site seeing.
- Take the road towards Kawar passing through rivulets and loads of picturesque locations.
- Overnight stay at Jhaka, enjoy the scenic beauty of the place before you retire for the day.
DAY 3 JHAKA TO URAKNAAL THATCH
- Jhaka is the place to replenish your supplies and look for porters if required.
- Follow the well defined trail into the forest through blue pines.
- Feel the snow beneath your boots for the first time, get your sunglasses on too.
- Trek through grassy terrains of Uraknaal.
- Don’t miss the beauty of Rupin waterfall at the distance. This is Uraknaal Thatch. Camp here overnight.
DAY 4 – URAKNAAL THATCH TO DHANDERAS THATCH
- This trek is going to be one of the best you have done till date.
- Climb through gushing water and grassy meadows, don’t forget to take pictures.
- On your both sides will be snowy valley.
- Set the camp on a comfortable lawn. Overnight stay here with some bonfire.
DAY 5- ACCLIMATISATION DAY
- Spend your day at Dhanderas Thatch enjoying the beauty of the place.
- This spare day has also been kept to get you acclimatised with high altitude and temperature.
DAY 6- DHANDERAS THATCH TO UPPER WATERFALL CAMP
- Acclimatisation will help you get to the top of the Rupin Pass.
- After breakfast start your climb to the top for the waterfall.
- Don’t miss the everlasting yellow marigold carpet.
- Use ice-axe or your boots to make a trail upwards at 4,00ft.
- Spend sometime at the snout of the waterfall and retire for the day.
DAY 7 – UPPER WATERFALL CAMP TO RUPIN PASS (RONTI GAD)
- Brace yourself for the longest day of the trek with time taken ranging from 10-11 hours.
- We start today by 5am with packed breakfast as you will need them on your way.
- Pass through snow clad Rupin Pass Gully.
- Don’t miss to listen to your amplified voices as you pass through the gully.
- Multi colour flags will visible in Rupin Pass.
- We halt at Ronti Gad for your coldest night of the trek
DAY 8 – RONTI GAD TO SANGLA
- Start leisurely but not too late as you will be losing a lot of altitude today.
- Trek through snow clad Nalgani Pass.
- Enjoy your break at Sangla Kanda and share your stories about Rupin Pass with the villagers.
- From Sangla you can take cab to Shimla.
- End of an adventurous trek with loads of stories to take back home.
- Veg Meals on Trekking days
- Forest Permits/Camping Charges/Permits, Trek Permit Fee/IMF Permission (Upto the amount charged for Indian nationals)
- Camping tents, Temp rated sleeping bags, mattress
- Safety Equipment includes static rescue rope, seat harness, carabiners, pulleys
- Mountaineering course certified Trek Leader with Wilderness Emergency Responder & Rescue.
- First Aid Certified Local guide, cook, helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Transportation from Shimla to Shimla.
- Meals during road journeys
- Any kind of Insurance
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Carriage of personal rucksack
- Meals during Hotel Stay, if any
Trekking shoes: You will need trekking shoes with good grip. Sports shoes will not be comfortable enough.
Backpack (40-60 litres): A backpack with sturdy straps and a supporting frame. Rain cover for backpack is essential.
Three warm layers: On the pass crossing day, you will need at least three warm layers (two lights layers such as fleece and woolen and one padded jacket) for this trek.
Two trek pants: Wear one pair and carry one pair.
Two collared t-shirts: Carry light, full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Again, wear one and carry one.
Thermals (Optional): Those who are more susceptible to cold can carry thermals to wear at night.
Sunglasses: Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. These are more important in June. There might be snow at the upper campsites regardless of the season. So carry a pair of sunglasses.
Suncap: The sun is intense at higher altitudes and a sun cap is absolutely essential to keep your face and neck safe from sun burns.
Synthetic hand gloves: One pair of fleece or woolen hand gloves. One pair of water proof gloves.
Balaclava: You may use woolen scarves instead as well.
Socks (2 pairs): Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
Trekking pole: Watch this video to understand why you need a trekking pole.